You can experience La Grande Roue de Montréal 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Discover 5 reasons to give it a(nother) try.
Opened in 2017 in honor of Montreal’s 375th birthday, La Grande Roue at the Old Port has already become an icon of the metropolis.
With 42 capsules, La Grande Roue de Montréal can hold up to 330 persons, offering them an unforgettable experience. Here are five good reasons to (re)discover it with your friends and family!
1. The highest Ferris wheel in Canada
La Grande Roue de Montréal is 60 meters high—the same height as a 20-storey building. So it goes without saying that it offers a really impressive view!
In fact, on a clear day, you can see nearly 28 kilometers of the city. Look closely and you’ll be able to identify all of Montreal’s major landmarks.
2. A breathtaking view
That’s the panorama you’ll enjoy from La Grande Roue de Montréal. North, south, east and west, every corner of the island is within range. The historical, cultural and architectural riches of Montreal have never been as accessible as they are from this aerial viewpoint.
Who knows? You might even be able to see your own home!
3. Open all four seasons of the year
La Grande Roue de Montréal is equipped with climate-controlled capsules to ensure your comfort, regardless of the weather.
Enjoying it in all four seasons allows you to change the scenery and appreciate the beauty of the city in different contexts. Imagine seeing Montreal decked out in its fall colors or blanketed in white after a heavy snowfall!
4. A choice of packages to enhance the experience
La Grande Roue at the Old Port of Montreal offers five different packages to suit your needs:
- The Private Gondola Package allows you to experience La Grande Roue with your loved ones. Each capsule can accommodate up to eight persons.
- The VIP Gondola Package offers you the luxury and comfort of our premium capsules. The ultimate experience!
- Would you like to ride La Grande Roue again at night to vary the view? Then the Night and Day Package is the one for you!
- The Yearly Pass lets you ride La Grande Roue once a day, 365 days a year. It’s ideal for viewing Montreal during every season.
5. Activities all year round
When you visit La Grande Roue, you can take advantage of the opportunity to enjoy the many events and activities that are always going on at the Old Port.
Discover all the things you can do with your loved ones at the Old Port of Montreal.